Stephen & I took the kids to a great friend of ours parents house for a Memorial Day barbecue/pool party. Juju & Beara loved it. They were in the pool most of the day. Since Juju has not been in water much she is slowly but surely getting more comfortable with going under water & swimming off on her own. It amazes me how terrified she becomes when she is out of her comfort zone. It's something I'll have to work on with her. Sari on the other hand, just jumped right in after a moment's hesitation. She had on a full body suit life jacket. I'm a little uncomfortable with those just because it doesn't teach her how to swim properly. Being that she is almost 2, I really can't see the harm especially since we don't let her swim by herself & she is having a blast! Liam went in today with Stephen. His face of not knowing what the heck he was doing was a sight! He is so expressive. Definitely gets it from his dad.
All in all it was a great day. I've been really reflecting this weekend on all the service men & women sacrificing not only their lives but their time (away from family, careers, etc) protecting this great nation of ours. Whenever I see any person in uniform I tear up because I am just so proud of them! I salute you brave men & women. May God continue to bless and protect each & everyone of you. God Bless America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment