To sum up a lot...we drove to Michigan at the beginning of July and the kids & I stayed the whole month. It was such a great time to visit with family and actually have the kids get to know my mom. It was such a special time. They also had the chance to meet my grandma (who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's). She is in great spirits and has no idea who anyone is but she is still joyful. For that I am so thankful to the Lord. Even though she is suffering she still has that great smile I grew-up with knowing.

Juju started kindergarten this year. WHERE DOES the time go?! I can't believe she's 5. I didn't have time to contemplate the first day of school because that morning we got in a little car accident. Needless to say, there were no tears when she boarded the bus. It was absolute chaos that day. But in the weeks following, I did shed a few tears. I now fully understand when my parents told me time flies. Being a parent you learn that first hand. Maybe because the days are long but the nights are short?! I don't know. It seems as if months are just mushed together and you can't seem to breath. Sometimes that's how I feel. I want to stop time and just soak-up my kids. One minute you're cuddling and the next it's off to do laundry, make dinner, go grocery shopping, read the mail, change a diaper, empty/load the dishwasher, sweep the floor, clean the bathroom, vacuum, dust, answer the phone, kiss a boo boo, pay a bill, call about an appointment, etc. I get overwhelmed quite easily, but I know Mother Mary is right there. When I look to her for guidance it seems all my worry and fears are taken care of and I can continue living this crazy WONDERFUL life with her Son in my heart and on my mind.

Beara is 2 going on 13. Her verbal skills have increased ten-fold in the past 2 months. She now tells me about how she's feeling, what Leelee's doing (or Juju), what she wants to eat, that she has to use the potty and the list goes on, and on, and on... =) She is such a little comedian, too. I love seeing my children come into their own personalities and how well it mesh's with our family. It's such a beautiful thing. Another accomplishment of Beara; she tries to do whatever her older sister does. I'm happy to report that she does most of the things Juju does. She is such a MONKEY but her coordination is astounding. Maybe it's because she the 2nd born??
Leelee is walking and talking (baby of course). He LOVES LOVES LOVES his daddy. He has inherited so many of Stephen's genes
( a lot of them not good) like asthma. So, we've had our share of doctor visits and nebulizer treatments. But through all of it, his spirit doesn't wain. He remains so joyful and happy. Leelee's personality is that of being a mischievous little joker. He feeds on teasing his sisters in anyway possible. Example: when Juju is drawing or coloring, he'll go up to her and swipe her crayon/pencil or take the paper she's using right out of her hands. Then, he runs and laughs! Same thing with toys.
He loves to cuddle. Often times during the day, he'll come up to any of us and lay his head or body on us to snuggle. SO precious. I'm anticipating what he'll have to say to us when he learns how to communicate. THANK GOD for sign language. If it wasn't for sign, he wouldn't be eating. LOL
This fall has been beautiful. We have been apple picking a few times and have been outdoors a ton! It seems as if it has been an extended summer. It helps to be outside up through November because then we're stuck inside for 6 months!

No comments:
Post a Comment