I was so excited after talking with a friend of mine yesterday. She informed me of this lady who is writing a blog about fixing $5.00 meals daily. This lady spends $60.00 dollars a week on groceries! Most of what she buys is fresh food. Nothing packaged or boxed...occasionally frozen food.
Where I am currently living, that is impossible. However, my friend has accomplished only spending $100.00 a week. Plus, she informed me that on walmart.com you can make a grocery list for the store near you and it will tell you the price of the item. So, instead of using a debit/credit card you can take the exact amount of cash and not overspend. I was thrilled! My hubby & I have been trying desperately to work something like this out and also maintain eating healthy. This week will be my first attempt.
On a side note, this lady only uses coupons for non-food products (ex: shampoo, soap, toilet paper, etc). She gets the coupons online and then does a search to see what stores in her area are having sales on those products. Thus, getting more off the products! INGENIOUS! =) Some stores where I live double coupons up to a dollar off.
There really is a science to this and I am pumped to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment