Tuesday, July 24, 2012
summertime reflections
Ok, so a couple of people have requested to see my blog and one asked for me to up-date it; here it is! :)
These past few months God has really made my heart and mind realize so many things about myself and people in general. I've come to truly understand that people really do come from so many different backgrounds; how they speak or respond to certain things, their actions or inaction--was shaped by their upbringing.
I, as a parent, am very passionate about instilling in my children to LOVE everyone. No matter there gender, race, or creed. If I truly want them to love Jesus and most importantly to have them know how much Jesus loves each and everyone of us the way we are, then respecting others and understanding different points of view is something I want to instill in them. Don't get me wrong, they will know my faith and I pray they come to embrace it. They will know our morals and values and will learn not to compromise them. But in order to bring others to Christ, we need to listen and have an open heart and mind.
My dad always said that "you learn something new everyday." It is so very true. By opening yourself up to others, you have no idea what God has in store for you or them.
On a lighter note, we just returned for a 3 week vacation in Northern Michigan. It was wonderful! The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves; swimming, playing with their numerous cousins, riding a 4-wheeler, letting pigs out (j/k, the pigs let themselves out). And Stephen and I were able to relax. It was awesome.
Anyway, that's my babble for tonight. I promise to up-date more often. My goal for this upcoming school year is consistancy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment